The Hobbit


The Hobbit was a book I read as a young child. All my life I struggled to stay dedicated to reading. Coming back to the book was a nice refreshing read for me, being a fan of the lord of the rings and the hobbit for a long time, reading it with a better understanding now I feel like it was an even better read than before. Being a slow reader I couldn’t get through it all, but putting together what I remember and what I went over, I believe the hobbit is a great example of the hero’s story. Bilbo is a recluse when we first are introduced to him, not really taking any risks of any sort before he meets the dwarves. Gandalf has convinced him to go on a journey. This journey takes a toll on him and has him grow as a character. The supporting characters also show his growth. Throughout the story, Bilbo slowly gains their trust and respect through brave and helpful deeds. This may be childish but it boosts bilbos confidence and courage throughout the book, till the end when he returns home. Now a little different and wiser than he was before the journey.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With A Vampire

The Martian by Andy Weir

Asian Horror