Asian Horror


Asian horror is probably my favorite in all genres. It's one of the most thrilling in my opinion, especially in movies. Id even say that Asian horror is best portrayed in Asian ghost stories. I sadly didn’t read anything this week, but in class, when we were watching the Asian ghost movie, even I started to feel uneasy, even though the ghost weren’t scary or monstrous looking, the atmosphere, setting and even all the way down to the soundtrack is just genius. I think that in Asian culture it's more important to emphasize on the spiritual side of horror rather than the typical hack and slashing horror genre that we’ve become so accustomed to. A lot of Asian horror stories also have huge lessons, usually at the end, which seem to be the building blocks to teaching generations morals. The use of fear and spirits is extremely effective as a story driving plot devise. In my opinion, Asian horror is one of the most thought out genres.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With A Vampire

The Martian by Andy Weir